- Avans Hogeschool
- Breda (Noord-Brabant)
- Onderzoek / Lector
- min. 0,8 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 07 (€2.160,41 - €2.924,97)
In this role, you help execute European research projects for and in partnership with businesses. Your focus area is developing and carrying out Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) and Life Cycle Costing (LCC) assessments for new bio-based value chains. An example of this is the recovery of value from waste streams including agricultural waste streams, such as prunings, grass or manure. You will use GaBi software to develop and execute your LCA and LCC assessments. In carrying out your work, you collaborate with the professor of Bio-based Energy, lecturer/researchers, students and businesses.
Avans University of Applied Sciences: we make a difference
Avans University of Applied Sciences has 48 higher professional education study programmes, 29,500 students and 2,800 employees. It has been in the top three of Dutch universities of applied sciences for many years. Avans has campuses in Breda, 's-Hertogenbosch and Tilburg. We maintain high academic standards. For ourselves as well.
A partnership of Avans University of Applied Sciences and HZ University of Applied Sciences, the Centre of Expertise Biobased Economy helps businesses put their bio-based ambitions into action. Together we drive innovation in higher professional education and carry out applied research on crucial issues. CoE BBE supports people to become highly educated professionals who are able to shape and support the transition to a bio-based society. CoE BBE has 30 to 50 staff. The centre is also home to 4 research groups: Bio-based construction, Bio-based Energy, Products and Marine Biobased Specialties. CoE BBE is also responsible for managing 3 facilities centres: the Biopolymer Application Centre, the Colour Application Centre and the Mycelium Lab.
The Bio-based Energy research group focuses on the production and use of bio-based energy from biomass and low-grade waste streams such as grass, manure or residuals, including organic residuals. It seeks to promote ideas on circularity and emissions reduction .
This means that in addition to producing energy, we also focus on recovering and producing substances and raw materials from these low-grade waste streams. Examples include recovering nutrients from manure or producing bioplastics from aqueous waste streams. Please visit the CoE BBE website for details about our activities.
- A master's degree or higher professional education degree in the environmental sciences, sustainability or sustainable business.
- Knowledge of and experience with conducting LCA assessments. LCC knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of LCA and LCA software. Familiarity with GaBi software is an asset
- Knowledge of the bio-based economy.
- Knowledge of performing mass balances, downstream processing and unit operations.
- An affinity with education.
- Ambition in practice-based and innovative research.
- An inquisitive attitude, commitment and a focus on knowledge-sharing and collaborating.
- Strong communication skills in Dutch and English.
- Flexibility and a collegial attitude.
- Ability to support and collaborate with students carrying out sub-assignments for the Bio-based Energy research group.
Avans University of Applied Sciences is committed to bringing out the best in people. It has a reputation for being an excellent employer. We live up to our commitment by offering attractive employment conditions.
- We offer you plenty of opportunity for personal and professional development.
- You will receive a monthly salary in scale 7, €2,160.41 - € 2,924.97 gross based on a full-time position. This is in accordance with the Higher Professional Education Collective Labour Agreement.
- A year-end bonus in the form of a thirteenth month's salary is a standard remuneration component.
- We offer an appointment for 1 year with the possibility of extension depending on performance.
If you are sure this job is the right fit for you and you are keen to join Avans, please apply before Friday 1 February 2019, stating vacancy number 18/333. Should you have any further questions about this position, please contact please contact Jappe de Best, +31 6 - 51 37 94 47 or Maurits Dorlandt, +31 6 - 19 43 10 90.
Please note that this vacancy is advertised simultaneously, internally as well as externally. We will remove this vacancy from our website after the closing date. No rights may be derived from the content of this text. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct