- Zuyd Hogeschool
- Brusselseweg 150 6217 HB Maastricht
- min. 0.8 fte, max. 0.8 fte
- max. 11 (€3.881,09 - €5.332,48)
The cluster International Business and Communication (IBC) of Zuyd University of Applied Sciences in Maastricht consists of four Bachelor programmes: the International Business School Maastricht, European Studies, Oriental Languages and Communication, and the Translation Academy. Furthermore the research centre Sustainable International Business and the research centre Professional Communication in a Digitalizing Society are part of the cluster.
The International Business School Maastricht is looking to fill a position as soon as possible
Inspirator-Coach-Expert International Business
The mission and vision of the International Business School Maastricht is as follows:
In this fast-changing world we, at International Business School Maastricht, guide our young professionals to become resilient business leaders with a global mind.
We believe that
- everybody is intrinsically motivated and fueled with passion and curiosity to learn and develop themselves;
- everybody learns and develops in their own unique way and is there to take the lead in their own development process;
- everybody deserves personal attention and guidance to fully develop him/herself.
- we offer our junior IB professionals context and above all freedom and responsibility to grow and to explore this fast-changing international business environment;
- by working in an internationally diverse community we create an environment where these young professionals can challenge and learn from each other;
- they learn by doing and gain experience in the international business context with the help of our IB team and business experts in the professional field.
This makes that our IB graduates have acquired a sustainable and intercultural mindset, next to well-developed 21st century skills and international business expertise.
We stand for an international-oriented environment, a practical orientation that is implemented together with international businesses, an innovative didactical framework (based on HILL and an individual learning path with the student in the lead), strong focus on 21st century skills and ERS (Ethics, Responsibility and Sustainability).
We are proud that the IB programme is accredited by EFMD and has obtained the EPAS accreditation. IB has about 750 students (35% international students) and the IB team consists of 35 colleagues.
Your main task is to guide the development of our young IB professionals in the field of International Business. You coach them in their community together with other colleagues and the working field. You share your expertise and inspire our young professionals. You will coach and guide students in their project groups as well as in individual professional development. You will assess students, which is a result of a formative process of feedback and feedforward.
IB is looking for an enthusiastic, and highly motivated colleagues for about 0.8 fte.
We are looking for individuals that can act as a broad business and personal coach, next to having the following field of experience and expertise:
- sustainable Supply Chain Management.
We expect you to:
- be enthusiast about and able to work (individually but also within a team) in an innovative learning environment;
- Provide energy to the community of students and colleagues, be adaptive to a rapid changing and innovative learning environment;
- be a listener, give trust, help students in their development;
- get energy from inspiring students to become the best IB professional they can be;
- be flexible, result-oriented and a good team player.
And as your background, skills and education, you:
- have experience in the IB work field;
- are able to teach in English and have excellent English communication skills. Reasonable command of Dutch is an asset;
- have excellent coaching skills for bachelor learning, be familiar with current educational views, methods, techniques and assessment methods;
- have at least a master degree in the field of International Business (holding a PhD – or nearby completion of a doctoral degree - in the above mentioned expertise areas is an asset);
- have self-organizational qualities.
The position is for one year with the possibility of extension (based on performance evaluation and the availability of organizational means).
The salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s educational background and experience but will not exceed a maximum of salary scale 11 CAO-HBO, the collective agreement for universities of applied sciences, (maximum of € 5,332.48 before taxes, per month, under fulltime employment).
International Business School Maastricht offers a professional, collegiate, and inspiring work environment with a high focus on connecting education, professional practice and research. You will work in an informal environment and in a team with passionate colleagues.
For more information about this position please contact Manon Niesten +31 6 28 23 29 72, E: firstname.lastname@example.org or Eefje Willems +31 6 51 61 80 64, E: email@example.com, Programme directors International Business School Maastricht.
If you are interested, please apply before 30th November by uploading your personal information (including a covering letter and cv) on our website www.werkenbijzuyd.nl.
The interviews will take place in the week of 12th December.
Applications sent directly to the contact person or in any other manner will not be accepted. Candidates will be selected by a selection committee. The composition of the selection committee will be disclosed in the invitation.
Zuyd University of Applied Sciences wishes to contribute to the development of professions and our region, including the wider Euregio. In collaboration with others around us, we are developing new insights and solutions for the professionals of today and tomorrow. We take a leading role in this endeavour and are only satisfied with the best.
Our 1,700 employees work on three core tasks: teaching 13,000 future professionals annually in approximately fifty bachelor's and master's programmes, developing training courses and programmes for professionals, and conducting research for and in collaboration with businesses, institutions, civic organisations, and the government.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct