- Hotelschool The Hague
- Amsterdam (Noord-Holland), Den Haag (Zuid-Holland)
- Ondersteunend / Staf
- min. 1 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 08 (€2.470,05 - €3.307,20)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide students and lecturers with information, lessons and workshops on information skills;
- Make diverse internal and external (digital) information sources accessible;
- Design, develop and implement the provision of information in the Media Centre;
- Take responsibility for the development and management of the Media Centre’s applications;
- Carry out literary reviews and advise lecturers and students during their search for (digital) information;
- Take part in front office activities with all the usual daily (library) administrative work;
- Actively keep in contact with educational institutions and network with internal and external colleagues;
- Manage, provide and fill the physical and digital collection.
Hotelschool The Hague was founded in 1929, making it one of the oldest independent hotel schools in the world. Since 1929, Hotelschool The Hague has been renowned for its education and innovative research, and is ranked among the Top 5 Hospitality Management Schools in the world. The school has two campuses, one in The Hague and one in Amsterdam with over 2500 students, an international student intake of over 40% and more than 250 employees.
For the last four years, Hotelschool The Hague has been voted best public hotel school in The Netherlands. Furthermore, Hotelschool The Hague’s Master in International Hospitality Management has been voted Best Master in Business Administration 2017 in The Netherlands by 'Keuzegids Masters 2017'. Graduates of Hotelschool The Hague occupy leading positions in the hospitality industry all over the world
The Media Centre of Hotelschool The Hague is a lively department that arranges the provision of information to students and employees with a great deal of attention for digital sources, educational support services and corresponding customer-oriented service in an inspiring learning environment.
- Bachelor degree BDI/IDM or a related degree;
- Excellent communication skills and command of Dutch and English both spoken and written;
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of and insight in (library) automation processes;
- Experience with Data Analytics;
- Didactical skills, excellent (digital) presentation techniques;
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of automation processes; designing and managing of webpages (Wordpress)
- Knowledge of and experience with modern IT applications, digitalized (library)systems, designing and managing webpages;
- Enthusiastic, flexible, customer focus and service focus;
- Accurate, efficient and strong organizational skills;
- Affinity with the hospitality industry.
The employment contract will be a fulltime contract for one year with the possibility to extend the contract. The starting date is as soon as possible. An English language proficiency test will be part of the selection procedure. You will need to work on both locations; Campus The Hague 3 days, Campus Amsterdam 2 days.
Conditions of employment
Depending on your professional experience and qualifications, your salary will be in scale 8 (CAO-HBO 2018-2020), between € 2.470,05 and € 3.307,20 gross per month for a fulltime position.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers an excellent package of fringe benefits.
- An end-of-year bonus;
- Employees with working weeks of 40 hours are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave with retention of salary per calendar year;
- A retirement pension through ABP;
- Opportunities for further education;
- The possibility to participate in collective (health) insurance.
For more information you can e-mail Mrs. Staelens, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this position, go to: http://hotelschool.nl/en/about-us/vacancies select Information Specialist and select the “apply” tab on the right portion of the screen.
Please send your application letter and CV in English, to the attention of Mrs G.J. Roos-Bakker, HR Advisor a.i. The application deadline is March 25th, 2019.
For more information about working at Hotelschool The Hague please visit our website: www.hotelschool.nl/en/about-us/work
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct