- Zuyd Hogeschool
- Maastricht (Limburg)
- Ondersteunend / Staf, Onderwijsgevend
- min. 0,8 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 12 (€4.225,14 - €5.433,82)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
Our new colleague:
- is a manager with a vision who can combine the strategic demands of the hotel, HMSM and Zuyd
- will contribute to the success of the HMSM community by being actively involved in the strategy, the educational programme and the operations
- will manage the dynamics and challenges of a learning environment in a (semi-)commercial setting
- is a people manager who wants to focus on developing students and has an eye for recognizing and stimulating individual talents
- is focused on managing operations and financial performance of the hotel within the framework of HMSM and Zuyd
- is responsible for and cooperates closely with a manager, approximately ten instructors and a rotating group of fifty-five first year students (every 10 days)
- will proactively foster a close cooperation between THCB and HMSM/educational programme
- will be taking on tasks in the educational programme
The Hotel Management School Maastricht (HMSM), part of the Faculty of Hotel and Facility Management of Zuyd University of Applied Sciences, is internationally viewed as one of the leading institutes in its field. We offer a Bachelor of Arts and tw0 Master programmes. Our bachelor programme is taught in English and in Dutch and we invest intensively in the further development of our international community.
HMSM supports and educates students to become qualified and passionate hospitality professionals able to contribute to the development and innovation of the (inter)national hospitality industry.
An integral part of our curriculum is the Teaching Hotel Chateau Bethlehem (THCB) where students are exposed to practical experience in their first year. The Teaching Hotel was created in 2010 in co-creation with twelve Dutch designers and the industry. It is both an innovative learning environment and a public hotel. The facilities include 26 bedrooms, 6 banquet rooms, a restaurant and a bar.
The focus of Hotel Management School Maastricht is the next step in hospitality. We strongly believe that individual responsibility and personal attention are essential to success, both in our programme and the hospitality industry. We are a value driven organisation where passion, professionalism, initiative, openness and inspiration are our day to day guidelines. We offer a small scale and intensive educational programme and therefore invest strongly in building and maintaining our academic and professional community of students, lecturers, support staff and alumni.
What do we expect?
- A master degree or equivalent experience, preferably in international hotel management
- A solid experience in the industry and close affinity with education
- An attitude in line with business demands
- Hands on operator and people oriented
- Excellent coaching and communication skills
- Reflective skills that help to keep a good overview
- Represents THCB to various other stakeholders
- Preferably an international background or, if not, demonstrable competence in English in order to communicate at the level of a (near) native speaker (level C1 )
- Skills concerning HR and Finance, like creating budget, forecasting and management report; also skills in relevant computer applications e.g. Property Management System, Point of Sales systems
- A reliable team player and manager with charisma, ‘guts’ and humour
- Need to be resilient, flexible and remain calm and collected in a dynamic environment
- A warm welcome to our institute which offers a challenging and innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
- The position can vary between 0.8 FTE - 1,0 FTE depending on availability, initially for a period of one year at Zuyd University or via payrolling (Randstad Employability). Should the candidate prove suitable and perform favourably, then the contract may be extended, provided operating circumstances remain unchanged.
- For internal candidates the current contract conditions will be respected.
- The salary scale awarded depends on the candidate’s qualifications and experience and is set in accordance with the collective labour agreement (CAO) in the higher vocational education sector but maximum level 12 CAO HBO, € 5,433.82 gross per month when appointed full-time.
Are you interested?
Further information is available on our website: www.hotelschoolmaastricht.nl
For additional information requests please contact Ms Vera Duehring, Dean Relations & Commercial Affairs, at tel.: +31 (0) 622791348 or at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested candidates should apply for the position by September 26 at the very latest by entering their personal details (accompanied by a cover letter and CV) on the website www.werkenbijzuyd.nl.
Unfortunately, we cannot process cover letters addressed directly to the contact person or submitted in any other way.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct