- Hanzehogeschool Groningen
- Groningen (Groningen)
- Management / Leidinggevend
- min. 0,8 fte, max. 0,8 fte
- min. 12 (€4.225,14 - €5.433,82), max. 13 (€4.839,58 - €5.894,67)
You are an experienced people manager who can help strengthen the continuous improvement effort of our education and lead change processes resulting in the required development of IBS. You manage effectively and in a structured way and can use different styles of behaviour and skills depending on what is needed. To achieve the required results in time you are able to work transparently and under pressure. Therefore, you have excellent planning, monitoring and execution skills. Furthermore, you are an open minded and independent team player with a sense of humour who appreciates and values cultural diversity.
As a Head of Education, you will be responsible for effective management of one of the educational teams. It is your main goal to uphold and continuously improve the quality, execution, evaluation and adjustment (PDCA) of education. Operational excellence is always your aim. You inspire, motivate and facilitate faculty to work on professional as well as personal development in order to contribute to the quality of IBS programs.
Next to this, as a member of the IBS’ Management Team, you contribute pro-actively to the development and execution of IBS’ strategy and policy.
The International Business School, one of the schools of Hanze University of Applied Sciences (Hanzehogeschool Groningen), is currently looking for a Head of Education.
In order to prepare business professionals with a global mindset, who are ready to add value to business and society the International Business School (IBS) offers the following English taught programs:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in International Business & Management
- Master of Interdisciplinary Business Professional (MSc)
- International Business (IB), 3 and 4 year bachelor programs
- Internationale Betriebswirtschaft, a 4 year bachelor program which is also taught in German the first year
With over 1,700 students from all over the world and over 100 employees with relevant international experience, the most noticeable characteristic of IBS is its international atmosphere. The 70+ nationalities contribute to an open-minded and culturally diverse setting throughout our entire school. The language of communication within IBS is English.
As a result of national debates to reduce diversity in economic programs we are in a process of merging the old bachelor International Business and Management Studies (IBMS) with the bachelor program International Business and Languages (IBL), previously taught at Hanze’s Institute of Marketing Management. This transition is on its second year.
The new Head of Education will be responsible for Years 3 and 4 of the International Bachelor programmes at IBS, as per 1st February 2019. The Head of Education reports to the Dean of IBS and is a member of the Management Team.
Requirements and competences
- Academic background: Master/ PhD;
- 2+ years’ experience in coaching a team in a changing environment, preferably within an educational environment;
- expertise in change management: vision on education (with a view to the further International Business development)
- experience in managing budgets;
- strong and modern management skills and style flexibility;
- able to work simultaneously on hard (i.e. procedures) and soft (i.e. cultural) aspects;
- experience in working in an international environment and managing cultural differences;
- strong interpersonal and communication skills and excellent command of the English language both written and spoken;
- broad knowledge and insight in the current situation and developments of Dutch professional higher education and applied research, curriculum development processes and quality management;
- knowledge of Hanze policies for education, management procedures and finances.
Closing date is 24th January 2019
The iterviews (in English) will take place Wednesday 30th January 2019. The invitations for the interviews will be sent on Monday, January 28th.
This vacancy is internal and external published; this means that employees of Hanze University of Applied Sciences are preferred over external candidates.
We do not appreciate acquisition in reference to this advertisement.
Conditions of Employment
Starting date is as soon as possible. It concerns a temporary position for a period of one year with the possibility to extend the contract. Appointment takes place according to the conditions stated in the legal provision of the CAO-hbo. The function scale is 12 or 13 (depending on your experience and current professional contract). The salary will amount to a gross minimum of € 4,039. = and a gross maximum of € 5,894. = per month based on a full time position.
In addition, you will be entitled to holiday pay and a year-end bonus. Hanze UAS offers plenty of opportunities for further development in your field.
A certificate of good conduct may be required. You will get reimbursement for the fee by the Hanze University.
Additional information concerning this position can be obtained from Mr. drs. Paul Ganzeboom, Dean of the International Business School, at telephone number +31 (0)50-595 2903.
Please enclose your application letter written in English.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct