- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Gepromoveerd, HBO, MBO en lager, WO
- min. 0.2 fte, max. 1 fte
- min. 9 (€2.845,48 - €3.920,50), max. 11 (€3.658,64 - €5.026,85)
- Techniek, Economie, Kunst
We are recruiting part-time / full-time Game Design lecturers to join our top-rated games bachelor’s programme. CMGT Game Architecture & Design programme is a world-renowned degree programme with an international reputation for excellence. We work together with industry partners and have alumni in leading game studios. You will be working near the city centre of Breda, on a green, sustainable and high-tech campus. Are you an experienced Game Designer and eager to guide and support our top-performing students in becoming the leading specialists in our field of work? This is the job for you!
About this job
You will be teaching in our Games bachelor’s programme, specifically the Game Design students. The emphasis in this position is on sharing your industry skills and knowledge with students. You will be guiding and supervising our students as they work on game projects in our simulated studio environment. Developing course content, curriculum renewal as well as using your network to create strategic partnerships with national and international industry partners is also part of the job.
You will work closely together in a small team of industry veterans and fellow lecturers where you will be given the freedom to perform your role as you see fit. In this position, you get the opportunity to guide and support smart, highly committed and creative young people in the process of becoming leading specialists in designing the next AAA games.
What do we ask of you?
- You have experience working on commercial game development projects with a focus on Game Design;
- You have a hands-on mentality and have experience with tools such as Unreal, Unity or proprietary game development tools;
- You have knowledge of theoretical game design practices and are comfortable with the technical implementation of game systems;
- You have multiple published games on your CV;
- As a specialist in your field, you keep up to date with the latest developments in your field and are always trying to improve and hone your skills;
- In addition, you have teaching experience or are willing to take training. We will also offer the opportunity of obtaining a master’s degree;
- You will be working in an international and intercultural setting. Therefore, having excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are a necessity.
What do we offer?
- The salary for this position amounts to a monthly minimum of € 2,845.48 and a maximum of € 5,026.85 (gross amount based on full-time employment);
- The position is valued in scale 10 or 11 of the CAO HBO (Dutch collective labour agreement), depending on your level of education;
- You will be appointed to this position for one year. Are both parties satisfied after one year? Then we will extend your appointment;
- Your commuting expenses will be fully reimbursed when you travel by public transport;
- You will receive compensation for health insurance;
- You will also be awarded professional development hours every year and almost eleven weeks of holiday entitlements in a full-time position;
- You will be working on a green, sustainable campus near the city center of Breda;
- Moving from abroad to Breda in the Netherlands? We provide support and financial reimbursements in the case of relocation and settling-in in the Netherlands. Dutch tax authorities may offer tax reduction to applicants from abroad (which makes tax rates comparable to the UK and US).
About Breda University of Applied Sciences
Breda University of Applied Sciences is an independent and international higher education institution, specialising in the disciplines of Built Environment, Facility, Games, Hotel, Leisure & Events, Logistics, Media, and Tourism.
Breda University of Applied Sciences (hereinafter referred to as BUas) is committed to making a contribution to our globalising society by training young people to become responsible professionals – in cooperation with the international industries. Furthermore, BUas aims to create a stimulating workplace for both students and staff, to enable them to integrate knowledge and skills, to develop their talents to the fullest and apply these to society in a professional and responsible manner.
About the Academy for Games & Media (AGM)
AGM offers bachelor’s programmes in Game Architecture & Design and Media & Entertainment Management. The CMGT Game Architecture & Design programme is a programme teaching all aspects of game development. The Media & Entertainment Management programme offers specialisation areas in Media & Entertainment Marketing, Production and Content. The academy also offers a Master in Media Innovation as well as a Master in Game Technology. Our programmes are both rated number one in national league tables (National Student Survey and Elsevier) because of their professional orientation as well as the quality and experience of our staff. The staff of the academy are recruited from all over the world (e.g. USA, UK, Australia, Italy, Belgium, and the Netherlands) and all courses are taught in English.
The application process
We would like to invite you to apply via the online application form (see link on this page). If you already have an account in our Talent Pool, you can log in and apply for this position directly. The information in your profile will be used for your application which will save you time filing it. Among candidates with equal qualifications and experience, preference will be given to the internal candidate.
Please send us your application before 12 November. Do you have any questions? Feel free to contact Ard Bonewald via Bonewald.email@example.com. You will receive a reply to your application after 2 weeks at the latest.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct