- Hogeschool Rotterdam
- Rotterdam (Zuid-Holland)
- Tijdelijk, Vast
- min. 0.8 fte, max. 0.8 fte
- max. 10 (€2.769,32 - €4.192,37)
Functie-inhoudThe Fabric Station coordinator serves as the main contact person as well as the floor manager, teaches instruction classes and other classes, and supervises the instructors working in the Station. The station coordinator has relevant knowledge of textiles and/or fashion, in the broadest sense of the terms and using both analog and digital technologies; actively contributes to the educational practice and knowledge domain; and is able to generate enthusiasm among station instructors and teachers.The coordinator – together with their team, their direct supervisor, and fellow staff members from the major specialisation and the graduation profiles (practices) – develops a vision of identity, meaning and innovation within the Station, and is jointly responsible for implementing this vision within the curricula, for organising the physical space, and for all related activities.The candidate has a distinctive opinion and perspective of the professional education of fashion and textile design, relevant to a contemporary context in which the textile and fashion industries are often heavily criticised for their huge environmental footprint.The coordinator also plays a role in establishing and further expanding a professional network of relevant external partners (within and outside Rotterdam), suppliers of interesting products and materials, and innovative businesses and techniques.
OrganisatieRotterdam University of Applied Sciences is a dynamic knowledge institute for higher professional education.Over 30,000 students and around 3,000 members of staff are pursuing their career here - the typical Rotterdam way: through our Rotterdam Educational Model we provide practice-focused, well-considered, flexible education that allows all of our students and staff to play an important role in real, innovative projects. We teach them how to play that role and provide them with the necessary tools: an expert view, a lot of nerve, and a result-focused approach.
AfdelingThe Willem de Kooning Academy, Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences, offers a variety of bachelor and master programmes in the field of visual culture, art, design, education in arts, and leisure management.The academy prepares its students for core professions within the creative industries. The art education programmes play a key role in various knowledge domains including communication & technology, and art & social engagement.These education programmes prepare students for a career in the cultural making industry: as artists, as designers, as makers and producers, as educators, as researchers, and as organisers.The Willem de Kooning Academy considers its students as proactive individuals working collaboratively on projects. In addition to theoretical knowledge and supervision by teachers, students also learn and apply skills by working in the Stations.About the Fabric StationThe Fabric Station is an environment where students can develop their fabric and fashion products, and are challenged to develop or redevelop new materials. The wide variety of learning goals of students in turn requires a broad professional knowledge from the team of instructors, in which each instructor and coordinator has their own field of specialisation. The Fabric Station offers instruction classes that address a variety of basic and advanced fashion and textile design techniques. There is also time and attention for individual supervision in which we encourage students to make innovative use of techniques in the implementation of their projects.The Fabric Station addresses new developments relevant to the realisation of new materials, textile designs and fashion products. The Fabric Station always remains up-to-date with the latest developments in the professional practice and in related educational practices. The Fabric Station distinguishes itself from a regular fashion and textiles studio through its emphasis on research through making, with a practical application of topics such as digitisation and sustainability.The techniques we offer at the Station are constantly changing. Currently we provide expertise in the following techniques:
- Textiles: tufting, weaving, knitting, machine embroidery, felting and dyeing of textiles.
- Fashion: 3D (CLO) design and realisation of patterns (CAD/CAM), draping, leatherworking and sewing techniques.
- A demonstrable prior experience in (art) education is required.
- You have demonstrable relevant work experience in relation to textile fabrics and/or fashion, and are able to contribute additional content and depth to the curriculum and to the teaching of skills in the Station.
- You are familiar with the latest new technologies and developments relevant to the Fabric Station, and you are able to apply these in educational content and facilities within the Station.
- You have demonstrable organisational experience.
- You are able to lead a team.
- You are able to create a stimulating learning environment for students, and to motivate and generate enthusiasm among students.
- You are curious, innovative, collaborative and result-oriented.
- You master the English language (spoken and written) at a level allowing you to teach in this language, and you are able to communicate effectively with fellow staff members and external partners.
- You have a good working knowledge of various software applications including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and CLO 3D, or you are willing to complete a relevant training course.
- You have completed an art education programme at HBO (Higher Professional Education) or comparable level.
ArbeidsvoorwaardenThe Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences offers a temporary contract, from September 1, 2019 to August 31, 2020, with an intended further extension. The salary ranges from € 2,769.32 to € 4,192.37 gross per month (salary scale 10) for a full-time appointment. The salary is not including 8% holiday pay and 8.3% year-end bonus. Secondary benefits include excellent professional training opportunities and an appealing retirement plan.All staff members of the Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences must be able to submit a Certificate of Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) issued by the Dutch State Secretary for Justice and Security.
Contact informatieFor more in-depth information regarding this position and the selection procedure, please contact the stations manager, Liesbeth van der Geest, who can be reached either by telephone (+31 6 46 156 757) or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) until the beginning of the summer holiday (until Friday, July 26) and after the holiday (from Monday, August 19 onward).A more extensive job description is available upon request.The first round of interviews will take place on Thursday, September 12, 2019.A second possible interview will take place on Thursday, September 19, 2019.Online applications may be submitted by sending your application letter with curriculum vitae before Monday, September 2, 2019.Deadline for applications: September 1, 2019Online applications through our own website only!Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct