- De Haagse Hogeschool
- Den Haag (Zuid-Holland)
- Onderwijsgevend, Onderzoek / Lector
- Tijdelijk, Vast
- min. 0,6 fte, max. 0,6 fte
- max. 11 (€3.392,46 - €4.661,12)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
What exactly will you do?
European Studies is seeking to appoint an 0,6 fte English lecturer as of 1 September, 2018. The successful candidate will be required to teach on a range of modules at undergraduate level, primarily in the area of English language and skills.
A number of responsibilities:
- You provide skills-based English lessons to Dutch and international first-year and higher-year students
- You stimulate and assist students in the development of their English communication skills and the learning of study skills
- You supervise and coach the students in completing their assignments
- You assess the English in students’ final papers
Would you like to know more about working at THUAS?
Preparing young people for the future is something that The Hague University of Applied Sciences is doing. We share our knowledge and give students what they need to be confident in the future work place. We do this with three central themes: global citizenship, internationalization and networks. This allows students to consciously look at the world around them. Their whole lives.
As a University of Applied Sciences we stand in the middle of society and we also want to reflect this. In addition to our diversity amongst students, The Hague University of Applied Sciences values the same type of diversity in her staff and among students. The Hague University of Applied Sciences seeks an inclusive campus with a diverse student and staff population in which equal opportunities stand out.
Do you want to know more about the faculty?
The Faculty of Management & Organization (MO) provides education to approximately 4500 students of the Business Administration MER, Communication, European Studies, Facility Management and Human Resource Management programs. The faculty has about 300 employees.
Do you want to know more about the department?
The bachelor’s programme European Studies (ES) at The Hague University of Applied Sciences provides education to about 1300 students. Its enthusiastic staff members offer a high-quality and international programme taught entirely in English. ES consists of two tracks: a three-year fast track and a four-year programme.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Good command of the Dutch language
- A master's degree within a relevant discipline, such as English Language and Culture
- Didactic competence in higher professional education, or a willingness to obtain this
- Interest in teaching an international student body
- Strong planning skills and organizational skills
- Knowledge of research skills
- Affinity with the fields of Public Administration and Business would be an advantage
- Ability to inspire, coach and motivate students
- Flexibility and a learning attitude
- Effective social and intercultural communication skills
- Enthusiastic team player
Are you our new colleague?
You can apply for the position by submitting your CV and cover letter via the link below. The application deadline is 13 August. Interviews will be held on 23 August.
An assessment may be part of the application procedure.
What we offer
- A salary up to €4.777,65 gross per month (scale 11) for a full-time work week, excluding 8% holiday pay. (The employment conditions are in keeping with the Collective Labour Agreement for higher professional education.)
- A full 13th month.
- An appointment of 0,6 FTE, 24 hours, in a temporary position for a period of one year, with the possibility of extension;
- An easily accessible work space in The Hague by both car (plenty of parking space) and train (next to the Holland Spoor station).
- A generous leave policy of about 53 days for a full-time appointment including the compulsory free days and the national holidays.
- The Lighthouse: a platform to generate connections, meetings, knowledge sharing and inspiration
- A large network and a dynamic environment among young, motivated international students and employees within the higher education in a metropolitan context, national and international.
Do you want more information?
For additional information please contact Ms. Syreetha Domen, team coordinator for the English Department at European Studies: S.Domen@hhs.nl
Would you like more information about the application procedure? Then contact Resourcing at 070 445 8612 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for this position through the application button. Applications sent to these e-mail addresses will not be considered.
Recruitment in response to this job opportunity is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct