- Hogeschool der Kunsten Den Haag
- Koninklijk Conservatorium Den Haag
- Gepromoveerd, HBO, MBO en lager, WO
- min. 0.1 fte, max. 0.3 fte
- max. 11 (€3.881,09 - €5.332,48)
- Kunst, Pabo & lerarenopleidingen, Sociale studies
For the teaching team of the Classical Department, we are looking for a
motivated teacher for the main subject horn
What will you do?
The position entails:
- teaching main subject students from the Bachelor, Master and Artist Certificate programmes;
- collaborating closely with the other main subject teachers of the team;
- teaching in different learning settings, such as individual lessons, group lessons and chamber music;
- participating in the assessment of examinations;
- organising student concerts;
- collaborating in artistic and pedagogical projects;
- engaging in continuous professional development.
The ideal candidate:
- is an internationally renowned musical personality with great artistic and pedagogical ability;
- is an attractive artist and pedagogue for an audience of international students;
- has a proven track record of successful teaching in higher music education;
- has demonstrable affinity with the mission and vision of the Royal Conservatoire;
- is a team player who can work closely with the other main subject teachers;
- can coach, inspire and motivate students and has excellent communication skills;
- has a vision on the role of the artist in the 21st-century;
- shows interest in the relation between performance and research;
- is able to work individually as well as in a team;
- holds a Master of Music or equivalent (foreign) diploma;
- is willing to complete the conservatoire’s “Artist as Teacher” training
- is proficient in English and able to operate in an international
What do we offer?
An interesting position with plenty of room for personal input and opportunities for professional development. The position is rated in scale 11 of the CAO (collective labour agreement) for HBO (higher professional education), with a maximum of € 5.332,48 gross per month with a full working week.. The CAO offers a generous vacation scheme, 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. You can also participate in health insurance on favourable terms. The expected teaching load is part-time in nature and depends on the number of newly enrolled students. The teaching load will amount to approximately 10%-25% of a full time position.
The Royal Conservatoire, together with the Royal Academy of Art, forms the University of the Arts The Hague. We offer HBO bachelor and master education, various preparatory courses, and in collaboration with Leiden University electives and a PhD programme.
Studying at the Royal Conservatoire (KC) means studying at the oldest conservatory in the Netherlands, where experiment and innovation go hand in hand with tradition and craft. An inspiring learning environment where top international musicians and top dancers teach. Our education and research is about creating, recreating and presenting. This takes place at home and abroad, in close cooperation with other organisations, institutions and colleagues both locally and internationally. Our study programmes are based on a powerful triad of education, research and production; these elements form the DNA of our institute. Our learning environment and the music and dance professions are increasingly becoming intertwined. In early 2022, the Royal Conservatoire moved to its glorious new home called ‘Amare’ in the city centre of The Hague, where it shares facilities with the Residentie Orkest and Nederlands Dans Theater.
The Classical Department states its claim in sheer size, student and teacher quality. International projects in connection with famed orchestras and ensembles make for a professionally oriented study environment. Master specializations in Orchestral Music and Ensemble Playing, an international Chamber Music Master's, and minors in Early Music, Conducting and Composition provide students with extensive possibilities to tailor their studies to their individual talents and ambitions. While departments each have their own strengths, they are closely connected to a pioneering spirit in which interplay between tradition and innovation form the starting point.
Information and application
More information about the Royal Conservatoire is available via our website www.koncon.nl. Applicants interested in the position are expected to apply on the basis of the information provided in the description. A first selection will be made after the closing date, after which applicants are informed on the status of their application.
If you are interested in this position, please send a short motivation letter accompanied by a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by January1st of 2022. A solo performance without piano, trial lesson and interview are part of the application procedure. These will be scheduled in February of 2023.
We strive to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and believe it is important that this dimension is given space in our dialogue. That is why we are curious about who you are!
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct