- Hogeschool van Amsterdam
- Amsterdam (Noord-Holland)
- Management / Leidinggevend
- min. 1 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 14 (€5.202,06 - €6.631,23)
About the role of Dean
We are looking for an experienced leader to guide us into the 2020’s. AMSIB is seeking a Dean who embodies and shares the values of AMSIB. (S)He can lead the school in the execution of AMSIB’s strategic vision and accomplish its ambitions in both research and education.
- The Dean will lead the school into its next phase of growth and stabilisation, implementing the School’s ambitions on programme and curriculum development, research and accreditation requirements and structure of the organization.
- The Dean leads the AMSIB management team and leadership council. The Dean reports to the management team of the Faculty of Business and Economics.
The Dean is accountable for:
- Strategy formulation and execution for AMSIB in alignment with the FBE/AUAS strategy.
- Integration of education and research activities to support a sustainable curriculum that ensures academic depth and innovative educational methods.
- Planning and execution of the AMSIB annual budget of approx. 20 million EUR.
- Integral Management of this budget, people and IT, including faculty recruitment and development in line with strategic objectives.
- Building and maintaining partnerships in international networks in the public, private and academic sectors and further enhancing cooperation with Faculties in the AUAS to meet strategic growth and development goals.
AMSIB Vision and mission
‘We envision a world where our students offer creative and socially responsible business solutions for the challenges of tomorrow.’
We create graduates with the hands-on skills, knowledge, and global mindset to thrive in the world of international business.
The main ingredient of our vision is a global mindset. With the global mindset we embrace the history of Amsterdam, focusing on an appreciation of cultural diversity and international business orientation. At AMSIB we are operationalising the Global Mindset with the acronym GPS: Global Knowledge, Passion and Social Skills.
- Global knowledge refers to international business awareness
- Passion for diversity and finding your own passion
- Social Skills, such as cross-cultural dexterity, networking and communication
About us: We are The Amsterdam School of International Business (AMSIB) and proud to be the largest school of International Business (IB) in The Netherlands. We are part of the Faculty of Business & Economics of the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences, the Hogeschool van Amsterdam. AMSIB builds on a long history of business education in Amsterdam with a strong entrepreneurial orientation and societal relevance.
AMSIB has approximately 2.900 students and employs approximately 150 people from more than 80 international backgrounds. We are immersed in an international knowledge network of universities, multinational corporations and innovative start-ups. All our programmes are taught entirely in English and prepare students for the world of international business. Upon graduation, our students earn an internationally recognised diploma of Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA). Information about our programmes can be found at: https://www.amsterdamuas.com/amsib
AMSIB is the first Dutch University of Applied Sciences to be awarded the EPAS international accreditation (https://efmdglobal.org/accreditations/business-schools/epas/). Through our academic network, the school maintains educational exchanges and research partnerships with 140 universities worldwide, of which 45% have an international accreditation (EPAS/EQUIS, AACSB, AMBA). AMSIB also has a strong global network of multinational corporations and is advised by our International Business Advisory Board with representatives from Microsoft, IDEXX, DHL and Huawei. Furthermore, AMSIB has an International Academic Advisory Board with Deans from other international accredited business schools.
- A people manager who can lead both students and colleagues to productivity, quality, continuous improvement, and goal accomplishment.
- Strong and proven affinity with international business and higher education. Experience in teaching is preferred. Familiarity in leading successful accreditation procedures.
- A track record of strategic leadership in a complex and international environment. Ideally, the candidate will know how to balance AMSIB’s strategic objectives with diverse internal and external stakeholder interests.
- Advanced university degree, Doctorate preferably in the field of international business, sustainable development or business education.
- Ability to build positive relations with the local, regional and international business community, alumni and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated connecting leadership skills to motivate and manage change, to gain commitment and enthusiasm of faculty and staff, and to delegate and manage priorities. S/he leads by example, is professional, collegial and transparent in providing and receiving feedback and combines business acumen with empathy and interest in people;
- Ability to work with a diverse and multicultural faculty and student body, preferably significant international exposure (living, studying and/or working outside your own country).
- Proficient communication skills in both English (minimum requirement: IELTS 7.0 / CE1) and Dutch.
Employment Terms and ConditionsThis position initially offers a contract for a period of one year with possible extension on completion. The work activities are part of the position of program director 1. This position is based on salary scale 14 of the Collective Employment Agreement of the Dutch Universities (CAO HBO). Gross salary per month: € 6.317,86 (max.) based on a full-time contract. The AUAS offers a comprehensive package of fringe benefits including excellent holiday arrangements and training opportunities.
The recruitment and selection procedure consist of at least two interviews of which the second interview will entail a business case. The selection procedure may also include an external assessment. If required, a test for English or Dutch language proficiency will take place.
About the vacancy, please feel free to contact Freek Rebel, telephone number 06-10304896.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct