- Hogeschool Rotterdam
- Rotterdam (Zuid-Holland)
- Management / Leidinggevend
- Tijdelijk, Vast
- min. 0,8 fte, max. 1 fte
- min. 12 (€4.326,54 - €5.564,23), max. 13 (€4.955,73 - €6.036,14)
Together with your fellow course directors you have overall responsibility for the smooth running of the programme in general, for excellent and innovative education, for quality assurance and compliance, and for establishing a work climate with optimal development opportunities for both lecturers and students.
You lead and direct lecturers individually and as a group, and create a strong and clear line of management resulting in an effective and positive team, ensuring that all staff are motivated and carry out their roles and duties to a high standard.
Together, the course directors have final responsibility for the curriculum development in accordance with the HR Business school’s educational model and take the lead in all aspects of education.
As a member of the RBS management team you are accountable to the dean and in this role advise and decide about the courses in general, about policy, education, personnel, students, quality, and in general about efficiency and effectiveness.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences is a dynamic knowledge institute for higher professional education.
Over 30,000 students and around 3,000 members of staff are pursuing their career here - the typical Rotterdam way: through our Rotterdam Educational Model we provide practice-focused, well-considered, flexible education that allows all of our students and staff to play an important role in real, innovative projects. We teach them how to play that role and provide them with the necessary tools: an expert view, a lot of nerve, and a result-focused approach.
Rotterdam Business School (RBS) is the international institute of Hogeschool Rotterdam (Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences) and offers undergraduate and graduate education in business and economics. With approximately 3,700 students from both Europe and the rest of the world, and over 270 international employees (academic and administrative), Rotterdam Business School has an international intake and a global reach.
RBS offers English taught preparation courses for Bachelors and Masters. One Bachelor programme: International Business and three Master programmes: Master in Consultancy and Entrepreneurship, Master in Finance & Accounting and Master in Logistics Management.
RBS is linked to a 'Hogeschool Rotterdam' Knowledge Centre where practice-oriented research relevant to the professional practice and contributing to the quality of education is conducted in cooperation.
Rotterdam Business School (RBS) is looking to recruit a Course Director (0.8-1.0 fte) for the undergraduate course ‘International Business (IB), with 3,400 students and 160 lecturers. IB is an international and intercultural business course with intensive contacts with international partner universities, the (international) professional field, and international research centres, and with an interculturally sensitive staff.
IB trains both Dutch and foreign students (e.g. from Southeast Asia, South America, the Arabic world (North Africa and the Middle East) and (Eastern) Europe) towards becoming modern professionals able to quickly adapt to changing circumstances and possessing the professional qualities demanded by the job market.
The RBS core qualities are: intercultural, international, inclusive, practice-oriented, and entrepreneurial.
RBS culture can be described as: hands-on, pragmatic, result-oriented, open and collaborative.
The successful candidate:
- is of graduate calibre and qualified by experience;
- has knowledge of and broad experience in higher international education, preferably in the domain of business administration;
- has a broad knowledge of educational and organizational matters and questions and the ability to integrate context, contents, processes and organisation;
- has the ability to make a significant contribution to the development of new course initiatives;
- can lead the change process in transitioning IB towards the larger HR Business School and can provide direct support and coaching to staff and help them through transitions;
- has highly effective leadership skills and experience in leading professionals;
- has a demonstrable commitment to continuous professional development;
- shows intercultural sensitivity;
- has excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- is articulate and confident with a strong attention to detail and versatile when communicating with people on all levels;
- is fluent in English and Dutch, both orally and written (at least CAE level);
- knows how to switch between policy, strategy and day-to-day educational practice;
- has excellent planning and organisational skills with a high degree of accuracy and the capacity to prioritize workload and meet tight deadlines;
- has a high level of competence with Windows/Office (365) packages.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Rotterdam) offers you a fixed term contract (two years D3). The salary range is HBO-CAO grade 12 to 13 (€4,326.54 minimum and €6,036.14 maximum per month) for full-time employment, exclusive of 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Our fringe benefits include excellent training facilities and an attractive pension scheme.
To be able to submit a certificate of good behaviour (VOG) is a requirement for employment at Hogeschool Rotterdam.
An assessment is part of the application procedure.
For more information about this position and the selection procedure please contact Bert Reul, dean of Rotterdam Business School, telephone +31 (0)10-794 6382.
Closing date: 28 June 2019
On-line applications through our own website in English only.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct