- Zuyd Hogeschool
- Maastricht (Limburg)
- Ondersteunend / Staf
- min. 0.5 fte, max. 0.5 fte
- min. 7 (€2.212,26 - €2.995,17), max. 8 (€2.529,33 - €3.386,57)
- passionate about gastronomy, food and transferring the own knowledge to others;
- a reliable team player with the ability to work independently;
- focussed on developing students in kitchen techniques and gastronomy and has an eye for recognizing and stimulating individual talents;
- stimulates students’ own initiative and individual responsibility during the practical curriculum in the kitchen of the restaurant;
- strengthens students food cost and menu engineering knowledge from a practical point of view in correspondence with the theory instructors
- has excellent coaching and communication skills both in English and Dutch;
- contributes to the restaurant’s F&B concept (“local and fresh”) in an innovative environment;
- is willing to work flexible hours (evening, sometimes weekends);
- needs to be resilient, flexible and remain calm and collected in a dynamic environment;
- has charisma, ‘guts’ and humour.
The focus of the Hotel Management School Maastricht (HMSM) is the next step in hospitality. We strongly believe that individual responsibility and personal attention are essential to be successful in both our programme and the hospitality industry. We are a value driven organisation where passion, professionalism, initiative, openness and inspiration are our day to day guidelines. We offer a small scale and intensive educational programme and therefore invest strongly in building and maintaining our academic and professional community of students, lecturers, supporting staff and alumni.
- a bachelor degree or equivalent experience in food & beverage, specifically in the area of kitchen management, menu engineering and financial F&B control;
- Responsible for the daily operations and standards in the kitchen of restaurant Refresh.
- Responsible for the food cost and contributes to a positive financial performance of Refresh;
- Training-on-the job, motivating and coaching of students who work in REFRESH as part of the bachelor program
- Managing of and supervising trainees who work in REFRESH, as well as evaluating their performance.
- Coordination and planning of work schedules/timetables in conjunction with the students and colleagues
- Shared responsibility for all aspects related to food cost and revenue control in the department
- Maintaining the digital tools of the education environment (IE horeco)
- an international mind set, demonstrable competence in English on C1 level in order to teach our international students.
- a warm welcome to our institute which offers a challenging environment with great opportunities for you to explore;
- a position for 0,5 FTE, initially for a period of one year at Zuyd University or via payrolling. Subject to satisfactory performance is the possibility of an extension of employment in accordance with the “flex work law”.
- the salary scale awarded depends on the candidate’s qualifications and experience, and is set in accordance with the collective labour agreement (CAO) in the higher vocational education sector within the career prospects of scale 7 or 8 with a minimum of € 2,212.26 and a maximum of € 3,386.57 gross per month when appointed full-time.
Further information is available on our website: www.hotelschoolmaastricht.nl
Please feel free to contact Mr. Eelco Holwerda, General manager THCB and Refresh, tel. 0031 - 43-3528673 or Chef0031 - 6 - 39044993 or via email email@example.com
or M. Sjra Theunissen, coordinator Module 1, tel. 0031-6-14862647 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to apply?
You should apply for this position before 28th February 2020 by entering your personal particulars (accompanied by a letter of application and CV) on the website www.werkenbijzuyd.nl.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct