- Hogeschool van Amsterdam
- Amsterdam (Noord-Holland)
- Onderwijsgevend, Onderzoek / Lector
- Gepromoveerd, WO
- min. 0,8 fte, max. 1 fte
- max. 13 (€4.839,58 - €5.894,67)
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a teaching and research background in digital business transformation. As Associate Professor you will contribute to our ambitions to setup and run top-level educational programmes at both the Master and Bachelor level. You will add to our goals to conduct innovative research on the boundaries of technology/data and business in order to serve practice and the academic community. We are looking for an ambitious candidate who is passionate about digital business, marketing and quantitative research.
We welcome applications from scholars and applied scientists with a PhD in marketing, information systems, information science, business administration, or a related discipline. The function is positioned in the AUAS Centre for Market Insights (CMI). The CMI is the research centre of the School of Marketing, Sales and Trade which is with about 3,500 students the largest programme within AUAS.
You will have a coordinating and a teaching role in courses of the master programme Digital Driven Business. This master prepares students for the digital business challenges ahead by searching for business in data rich environments in multidisciplinary teams. It starts in September 2019 and attracts excellent and highly motivated students both The Netherlands and abroad, from both economic background or ICT/technical background. You will also coordinate and teach courses in the Bachelor programme in Marketing Management. In addition to your educational activities, 50% of your time will be allocated to academic and applied research projects within the CMI. You are expected to develop state-of-art knowledge about the transformation of companies into digital and data-driven businesses and help to build up a group of researchers in the same field. You will also participate in research acquisition and the (co)supervision of master and bachelor theses.
Key activities in short
The Associate Professor:
- coordinates and teaches digital business courses within the Master and Bachelor curriculum;
- supervises Master and bachelor theses and co-supervises PhD projects;
- initiates, coordinates, and runs academic and applied research projects;
- conducts state-of-the-art quantitative research in the digital business field;
- acquires research funding (grants and/or contract research);
- participates in (international) academic and business networks;
- contributes to the further development of the CMI by starting collaborations (business, academic) and by actively promoting the CMI (blogs, social media, infographics, etc.).
De Hogeschool van Amsterdam biedt studenten de mogelijkheid om het beste uit zichzelf te halen. Het onderwijs strekt zich uit over zeven interessegebieden, elk met een divers aanbod aan opleidingen. Binnen de HvA bouwen medewerkers en studenten dagelijks aan hun eigen toekomst en aan die van hun omgeving. De HvA is een centrum van verbinding tussen disciplines, tussen uiteenlopende mensen en het werkveld in en om Amsterdam.
Zo biedt de HvA studenten én medewerkers alle faciliteiten om hun talent te kunnen ontplooien in studie en werk. Midden in de grote stad krijgen studenten en medewerkers de kans om een waardevolle bijdrage te leveren aan de samenleving.
About the Centre for Market Insights
The Centre for Market Insights (CMI) is the research centre of the School of Marketing, Trade & Sales of the AUAS. In the CMI, researchers, lecturers, students and organisations gain knowledge and experience with new developments in the field of data driven marketing. We work with innovative, state-of-the-art tools and methods in the field of marketing analytics and big data. The CMI employs a team of approximately 15 associate professors, assistant professors, PhD students and research assistants, led by the full professor. The CMI excels in conducting high quality quantitative research, running applied business research projects, publishing in academic and business outlets, training and educating lecturers and students, and gaining external research grants from diverse sources, including research councils and industry.
About the master Digital Driven Business
The Master Digital Driven Business meets the demand for highly skilled professionals who can make decisions with data and emerging digital technology to generate value for business. Graduates of the Digital Driven Busines Master's programme possess high-quality knowledge of data analytics and emerging digital technology, and have the action-oriented knowledge and skills needed to make effective decisions and generate business both independently and in teams. The knowledge that the graduates possess is multidisciplinary in nature and builds on insights from both data/ICT and more marketing/business-related disciplines.
- completed PhD in marketing, information systems, information science, business administration, or a related discipline;
- an excellent track record of teaching and supervising graduates at the Bachelor and Master level. Experience with agile work/scum in education would be a plus;
- demonstrated experience with quantitative research methods and statistical software (R, SPSS);
- a number of high-quality publications in academic journals in areas relevant to the Master and the CMI;
- proof of excellence in spoken and written English;
- a work attitude which reflects eagerness to learn, accuracy, independency, enthusiasm, creativity, commercial focus and team play;
- a demonstrated network in the academic and business world that is relevant to the Master and the CMI.
What we have to offer
The tasks fall within the job description of Associate Professor (Hogeschool Hoofddocent). Remuneration is according to pay scale 13 (CAO HBO – labour agreement for higher professional education). The maximum salary is € 5894,- gross per month for full-time employment. Salary depends on education and experience.
Initially the contract would be temporary for one year. An extension of the contract depends on work availability and proven suitability.
The HvA has extensive fringe benefits, e.g. generous vacation time and thirteenth-month pay. Furthermore, the HvA offers excellent possibilities for study and development and the organisation stimulates its employees to continually professionalise.
For more information please contact Marlies Sandee, programme manager, by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0612751192
Click on the link below this ad to apply online. Applications that are sent directly to the contact person or in a different way will not being processed
The vacancy is published internally as well as externally simultaneously. In case of equal suitability, internal candidates take precedence.
More information about the selection procedure can be found on the website WerkenbijdeHvA.
Closing date: 25th of march
During the selection and recruitment for this vacancy we hold to the HvA job application code.
Acquisition following this vacancy is not appreciated.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct