- Avans Hogeschool
- 's-Hertogenbosch (Noord-Brabant), Breda (Noord-Brabant)
- Ondersteunend / Staf
- min. 0,2 fte, max. 0,4 fte
- max. 10 (€2.769,32 - €4.192,37)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
You support the manager of the Centre of Expertise Applied Research of Art, Design and Technology (Caradt). As an integral part of the three professors, the research teams and the support staff, you are responsible for the daily implementation of the Caradt’s core purposes in its research programme and valorisation. In this dynamic position you are responsible for necessary organisational activities, i.e. planning, coordination and excecution of reseachprojects and events. You also contribute to the Caradt management processes, as financial and administrative processes.
You manage the logistical, technical and productional aspects of lectures, seminars, study trips and public-facing events such as conferences, Studium Generale and exibitions on national and international platforms. In doing so, you ensure that all relevant tasks are actioned and agreed deadlines are met throughout the planning and excecution process.
You are responsible for the allocated budget of activities, ensuring that each activity is delivered to budget. In doing so you negotiate with suppliers to seek competitive quotes, agree appropriate terms, and follow financial procedures.
You have joined responsibility for marketing and communication and for planning of marketing-related needs of Caradt. You do this in liaise with the manager, the professors and the communication assistant to post web content and disseminate research activities within the wider arts, design, education and research communities and to (non-)academic audiences worldwide.
You forge effective and collaborative relationships with the staff, professors and the researchteams across all constituent parts of Caradt and Avans and contribute to the strategy, its implementation and the wider responsibilities of the team.
Avans Hogeschool: wij maken het verschil
Avans Hogeschool heeft 48 hbo-opleidingen, 29.500 studenten en 2.800 medewerkers. Behoort al jarenlang tot de top 3 van hogescholen van Nederland. En heeft locaties in Breda, ’s-Hertogenbosch en Tilburg. We leggen de lat hoog. Ook voor onszelf.
Centre of Applied Research for Art, Design and Technology (Caradt) facilitates multidisciplinary, practice-oriented research into current developments in the field of art and design, commissioned by and in close collaboration with the educational programmes of AKV|St.Joost art academy and of Communication & Multimedia Design in Breda and ‘s-Hertogenbosch. The future artists and designers of Avans University of Applied Sciences thus make a valuable contribution to their own field and to the economy. The valorisation of knowledge and applying that knowledge to education and the future professional field of the students at Avans are leading principles in this. The research should lead to an even better relationship between education and the professional practice, as well as to students being better prepared for their future roles as highly qualified, reflexive professionals.
- Educated to master’s degree level in a discipline relevant to Caradt.
- At least 4 years’ experience in project management in the art & design sector.
- Demonstrable affinity and/or experience with the educational and research sector.
- Proven ability to plan, coordinate and deliver programmes of activity where attention to detail is paramount.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask and to prioritise workload
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Office applications, along with a broad competence in a range of software applications including web management skills.
- Budget and line management experience.
- Proofreading and editing skills in English and Dutch.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects within a complex programme of activity.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing strategic marketing and communications work, preferably in an cultural context.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage and develop relationships, communicate effectively and gain the confidence of a wide range of people of diverse social and cultural backgrounds.
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Sound and cool judgement under pressure
- An interest in higher education and research and in particular an understanding of research in the arts.
- Experience of working in a complex environment with an international reputation.
- Knowledge and experience of protocol.
Avans is committed to bringing out the best in people. It has a reputation for being an excellent employer. We live up to our commitment by offering attractive employment conditions.
- We offer you plenty of opportunity for personal and professional development.
- You will receive a monthly salary in scale 10; 2,769.32 – 4,192.37 gross based on a full-time position. This is in accordance with the Higher Professional Education Collective Labour Agreement.
- A year-end bonus in the form of a thirteenth month's salary is a standard remuneration component.
- You will be able to start work immediately.
- We offer an appointment for 1 year with the possibility of extension or a permanent contract depending on performance.
If you are sure that this job is the right fit for you and you are keen to join our team at Caradt, please apply before the deadline on 26 May 2019 and please note the vacancy number 19/142 when doing so. Should you have any further questions about this position, please contact Rens Holslag, Manager of Caradt +31 (0)88 525 85 71 or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this vacancy is advertised simultaneously, internally as well as externally. We will remove this vacancy from our website after the closing date. No rights may be derived from the content of this text. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct