- Avans Hogeschool
- 's-Hertogenbosch (Noord-Brabant)
- Tijdelijk, Vast
- min. 0,6 fte, max. 0,6 fte
- max. 11 (€3.392,46 - €4.661,12)
- Stafdienst (algemeen)
You support the Head of the Master Institute of the School of Fine Art and Design|St.Joost (AKV|St.Joost). As an integral part of the team of tutors and support staff, you are responsible for the daily implementation of the Master Institute’s core purposes of teaching, learning and research. In this dynamic position you are responsible for the necessary organisational activities, i.e. planning, coordination and delivery. You also contribute to the Master Institute’s management processes; talent development and assessment procedures.
You are responsible for the marketing and communication, research and strategy planning for all marketing-related needs of the Master Institute. You do this in liaise with the Head of Masters and support the team to post web content and disseminate research activities within the wider arts, design and education community and to non-academic audiences.
You manage the logistical and technical aspects of teaching schedules, lectures, seminars and workshops, study trips and public-facing events such as conferences, open days and graduation shows. In doing so, you ensure that all relevant tasks are actioned and agreed deadlines are met throughout the planning process.
You are responsible for the allocated budget of activities, ensuring that each activity is delivered to budget. In doing so you negotiate with suppliers to seek competitive quotes, agree appropriate terms, and follow financial procedures.
You forge effective and collaborative relationships with senior staff and colleagues across all constituent parts of AKV|St.Joost and contribute to the educational strategy, its implementation and the wider responsibilities of the team.
Avans University of Applied Sciences: we make a difference
Avans University of Applied Sciences has 48 higher professional education study programmes, 29,500 students and 2,800 employees. It has been in the top three of Dutch universities of applied sciences for many years. Avans has campuses in Breda, 's-Hertogenbosch and Tilburg. We maintain high academic standards. For ourselves as well.
The AKV|St.Joost Master Institute offers 4 master's degree programmes: Animation, Fine Art, Photography and Design. It is part of the School of Fine Art and Design|St.Joost, which itself is part of Avans University of Applied Sciences. Each year, around 80 students from all over the world join our learning community, united by their ambition to grow and develop into new professionals in an area of their choice.
The Master Institute encourages and supports students in their research and learning trajectories. We encourage a learning that transforms frames of reference -sets of fixed assumptions and expectations- to make students more inclusive, open, reflective, and emotionally able to change. The interdisciplinary is encouraged in the programme. Growth and discovery often happen when different practices and types of knowledge challenge us. Our learning community is intercultural; students from different backgrounds bring different perspectives on political and artistic positions. We embrace plurality.
The Institute offers a lively environment for research in the specific fields of the programmes and in research groups initiated by tutors and research professors. Students, tutors and other professionals, from a range of fields, all with different expertise, interests and very different cultural backgrounds work together in a creative environment in which they share studios that are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The studio building also enables interaction with the public, offering possibilities for exhibitions and events.
- educated to master’s degree level in a discipline relevant to the Master Institute
- at least 4 years’ experience in project management, either in marketing or in the art & design sector
- demonstrable affinity and/or experience with the educational sector
- proven ability to plan, coordinate and deliver programmes of activity where attention to detail is paramount
Skills and abilities
- demonstrable experience of implementing strategic marketing and communications work, preferably in an educational or cultural context
- excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask and to prioritise workload
- excellent IT skills, including MS Office applications, along with a broad competence in a range of software applications including web management skills
- excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage and develop relationships, communicate effectively and gain the confidence of a wide range of people of diverse social and cultural backgrounds, including team, senior faculty staff, external partners, and all grades of administrative and support team
- strong desire and experience working with and building mentoring relationships with students
- budget and line management experience
- proofreading and editing skills in English and Dutch
- ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects within a complex programme of activity
- proactive and self-motivated
- sound and cool judgement under pressure
- an interest in higher education and in particular an understanding of master’s degree programmes and their goals in teaching and research
- experience of working in a complex environment with an international reputation
- knowledge and experience of protocol
AKV|St.Joost is committed to bringing out the best in people. It has a reputation for being an excellent employer. We live up to our commitment by offering attractive employment conditions.
- We offer you plenty of opportunity for personal and professional development.
- You will receive a monthly salary in scale 11, €3.392,46 - €4.661,12 gross based on a full-time position. This is in accordance with the Higher Professional Education Collective Labour Agreement.
- A year-end bonus in the form of a thirteenth month's salary is a standard remuneration component.
- You will be able to start work immediately.
- We offer an appointment for 1 year with the possibility of extension or a permanent contract depending on performance.
- We offer you the position of lecturer, or ‘docent hbo’ in Dutch. This is the official job title.
If you are sure that this job is the right fit for you and you are keen to join our team at AKV|St.Joost, please apply before 24 April 2018 and please note the vacancy number 18/083 when doing so. Should you have any further questions about this position, please contact Una Henry, head of the Master Institute , +31 88 - 525 62 75 or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held in the week beginning 1 May 2018.
Please note that this vacancy is advertised simultaneously, internally as well as externally. We will remove this vacancy from our website after the closing date. No rights may be derived from the content of this text. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Spreekt deze vacature je aan? Solliciteer dan directSolliciteer direct